Gigs - London's biggest busking competition
Are you a young musician aged 11-25 looking for a big break? Do you want to:
- perform to thousands across London?
- grow your public profile?
- get advice from top industry professionals?
Then enter London's biggest music competition! Taking part can also open the door to a world of opportunities, including exclusive performances and paid gigs.
What do I need to do?
It's really easy! All you need to do is send us a video of you performing and tell us a bit about yourself. Deadline extended to Monday 19 June.
Need some more inspiration?
- no need for fancy equipment! Your smartphone camera and mic is fine
- make sure your video is representative of your act. Don't send us a video of a band if you're entering as a soloist
- needs to hosted on Vimeo or YouTube...make sure it's set to Public
- do a soundcheck! Record for 10 secs and play it back to make sure everything is working. And check it recorded properly afterwards
Gigs Academy Day
This year, we’re proud to announce the first ever Gigs Academy Day at Wembley Park on Saturday 3 June.
This FREE day will get you ready to enter the Gigs competition. There’ll be practical sessions including:
- vocal and physical health for performance
- stage craft, knowing your equipment and engaging your audience
- a guide to the music business
- being a successful Gigs competitor
Who won last year?
The Gigs Grand Final took place in Westfield Stratford City and crowned Clarissa Mae as Gigs Champion 2016. After being announced as the winner, Clarissa said: "I am absolutely thrilled to have won Gigs. The whole competition has been such a fun experience."
Check out the highlights from the 2016 Grand Final below: