Nearly 1,000 Londoners revealed a wild array of their favourite hidden gems across the capital from our recent promotion with the Evening Standard.
Hidden gems from Londoners
These included The Fan Museum in Greenwich, The Cross Bones Graveyard at London Bridge, Billingsgate Fish Market, The Parkland Walk in Finsbury Park, Gordon’s Wine Bar, Lady Dinah's Cat Cafe, the Museum of Water & Steam in Brentford right through to '…a quiet corner in the National Portrait Gallery'.
Londoners' top 20 hidden cultural gems
It's a very subjective thing of course, there were also a few strange ‘hidden gems’ like “CATFORD!” and “The Shard” but here's the list of some of the most popular hidden gems from Londoners.
- Sir John Soane’s Museum
- Walking along the Thames and Thames Path
- The Wallace Collection
- The Temple area, City of London
- Postman’s Park, City of London
- Horniman Museum
- Wilton's Music Hall
- Denis Severs House
- Pie and Mash shops – several!
- Fulham Palace, Bishops Park Fulham
- Little Venice
- Kyoto Gardens in Holland Park
- Leighton House, Kensington
- Isabella Plantations, Richmond Park
- Kenwood House
- Geffrye Museum
- Chelsea Physic Garden
- Fan Museum, Greenwich
- William Morris Gallery, Walthamstow
- The Guildhall, City of London