I know someone carrying a knife, what do I do?

It's never too late to get help if you're worried about someone's involvement in gun and knife crime. You can talk to their teacher, or encourage them to speak to an adult they trust or seek help from a specialist organisation.

You can:

  • Google your local youth club or community centre - they may run projects that are geared towards stopping gun and knife crime.
  • Remind them they can call Childline on 0800 1111 at any time if they are concerned for their own safety. 
  • Contact fearless.org anonymously online at www.fearless.org/en for more information about gun and knife crime and the law.
  • Or, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 if you want to report a crime that has already happened.

Whichever option you choose, you can support the young person you care about to do the right thing.