MD1343 Changes to the Congestion Charging Scheme
This Form asks the Mayor to decide whether or not to confirm (with or without modifications) the Greater London (Central Zone) Congestion Charging (Variation) Order 2013, (“The Variation Order”). The Variation Order was made by Transport for London (“TfL”) and amends the Greater London (Central Zone) Congestion Charging Order 2004, as varied (“the Scheme Order”) by making the following proposed changes to the Congestion Charging Scheme:
- An increase in the daily charge level
- Enable discount applications and renewals to be made online
- Enable direct debit payments for CC Auto Pay
- Allowing NHS Reimbursement for journeys paid for by CC Auto Pay
- Allowing customers to amend the date of a pre-paid charge on the day of travel
In addition, the Variation Order contained a number of minor amendments to update the Scheme Order (see Section 1). The Order was subject to public and stakeholder consultation between 6 January and 14 March 2014.
This Form presents the results of the public and stakeholder consultation on the Variation Order and related impact assessments, and makes recommendations as to a number of modifications to the Order.