Flooding is not science fiction. It has happened and is increasing, but that there are steps you can take to reduce the impact, and steps that we are taking to try and manage the risk.
As we move into the winter months, London Flood Week is a multi-agency effort to enhance Londoner’s awareness of flood risk and resilience actions.
During London Flood Week we'll be working with partners to help you:
- Find out if you live or work in an area that is at long-term risk of river, tidal, surface water or groundwater flooding.
- Check the latest flood warnings and real-time river levels
- Sign up for free warning messages for heavy rain and flooding.
- Understand what actions you can take to prepare for flooding.
- Know how emergency responders would react should flooding occur and what we are doing to manage long-term risk.
- Get help during and after any flood event that does occur.