If you love London and want to help UEFA EURO 2020 fans make the most of this great city, then the London Squad volunteer role is perfect for you.
Volunteering opportunities for UEFA EURO 2020
Apply to join the London Squad for UEFA EURO 2020
The Mayor of London is recruiting 2,000 volunteers to join our London Squad.
The London Squad will provide a world-class welcome to visitors across London at tourist hotspots, transport hubs and official fan zones during the tournament in July 2020. You will be the face of London, showcasing our fantastic city to a global audience.
As a London Squad volunteer you could be bringing fan zones to life, directing visitors to famous landmarks, leading teams of volunteers at iconic venues, and much more. Whatever the type of volunteering role you take, you'll certainly be creating life-long memories for everyone taking part - including you.
Anyone over the age of 18 by May 2020 is eligible to join the London Squad, no matter your background or whether you've volunteered before.
So, if you’re passionate about London and want to make UEFA EURO 2020 the best it can be, apply now.
How do I join the London Squad?
If you want to apply to join the London Squad, you must:
- be passionate about London
- be 18 years old by 1 May 2020
- take part in the online application and face-to-face interview at Wembley Stadium
- agree to the terms and conditions of the programme which might include undergoing background checks
- attend at least three training sessions from May 2020
- volunteer for at least five shifts
What are the benefits of joining the London Squad?
You and 2,000 other London Squad volunteers will play an integral role in the UEFA EURO 2020 tournament by creating an atmosphere unlike any other. You will also:
- receive an official uniform by Adidas
- be part of a once in a generation sporting event
- be part of a thank you party
- have your travel expenses reimbursed for zones 1-6 and for airport shifts
- receive refreshments during your shifts
What volunteering roles are available?
- London Host City Squad volunteer - Based at transport hubs and tourist sites, you will showcase the best of London to fans and visitors. You will also keep them up-to-date with relevant information and encourage them to take part in the UEFA EURO 2020 events and activities on offer
- London Host City Squad Leader volunteer - Based at fan zones, transport hubs or landmarks, you will support your team of London Squad volunteers and ensure they can undertake their volunteering role successfully. You will gain experience of leading a team and full training will be provided
- Selection Centre Squad volunteer - Based at Wembley Stadium from July – November 2019, you will play a critical role in helping to recruit the 2,000 London Squad volunteers by running fun selection sessions. You can choose to volunteer on weekdays, weekends or of an evening