Newington Green Meeting House
Location: 39A Newington Green, London, N16 9PR (see map)
Travel: Canonbury station. Green Lanes bus stop.
Start date: 15/07/2020 (ongoing)
What will I be doing?
- What your volunteering entails:. Ensuring tours in the building are Covid-safe. Provide exciting and inspiring tours using our prepared materials. Provide a personal, warm welcome to each visitor. Share information about events available on the day. Being mindful of the days bookings and group numbers. Keep track of visitor numbers/ ensuring visitors leave feedback. Ensure Health and Safety of all visitors and assisting with evacuations, supervising visitors as necessary. Cleaning and maintaining neat and tidy appearance of NGMH at all times. Making sure NGMH is safe and secure at all times. Opening and closing NGMH when needed.
- Your personal attributes include:. Likes meeting and talking to new people. Good team player. Excellent story teller. Excellent communicator. GCSE English/Drama/Arts. Outgoing, friendly and professional. Organised, focused and pays attention to details. Reliable and enthusiastic. Excellent timekeeping. Interest in Heritage, Feminism, Dissenting, History.
- Time Commitment:. At least 2 tours per week per week (for a minimum of 6 months):. Currently for pre-booked tours only on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
What impact will this have?
- What you will gain as a volunteer:. Being part of a fun, diverse team. Meeting new and interesting people daily. Giving back to your community. Learning new skills and gaining experience in the Heritage and Charitable sector. Being part of projects where your ideas and contributions are valued.
- You will make a positive impact to your local community by supporting a range of initiatives that could involve raising support for Blue Plaques on local historical figures homes, supporting local causes and social justice initiatives.
- Contribute your skills toward ensuring a 300 year legacy lives on well into the future.
When are you needed?Options available:
|Morning||This time slot is not available||This time slot is available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available|
|Afternoon||This time slot is not available||This time slot is available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available|
|Evening||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available|
- Purpose of the role:. To provide friendly, informative and engaging tours of NGMH inspiring history. You will be a warm and friendly person who enjoys chatting tot he public!.
- We are looking for enthusiastic Tour Guides to operate pre-booked tours of our Meeting House on Tuesdays and Thursdays initially. You will commit to at least 2 tours a week (about 3 hours a week in total) while we build to our opening in October. Once fully opened to the public we will increase volunteer numbers in your team so we can run at least 6 tours a week. We will provide information to inform and outline your tour, you will be able to make it your own!.
What else do I need to know?
- You will need to provide 2 references, these can be from your current or previous employers, school, university, landlord, accountant, doctor - anyone who is not your family or friend.
- For volunteers who commit to us for 6 months or more, we will provide a reference for you.
- Ensuring yourself and those present adhere to our Covidsafe Health and Safety requirements - training will be given in line with government guidelines. As well as the full training course we also ensure:. Face-mask, gloves and sanitiser being provided on site. 2m social distance where possible PLUS use of masks and sanitiser as listed above. Event numbers will not exceed 20 despite us having a 120 capacity. The building is only open 2 days a week to reduce numbers of public visitors and allow for appropriate cleaning. Only pre-booked tours will be allowed. Clear entry, exit and pathways through the building. Government guidelines are included in your training.
Reasonable out-of-pocket expenses associated with carrying out the role will be reimbursed
- A DBS check is required
About the organisation:
What skills will be useful?
- Advice and support
- First aid
- Community - working with your local community
What skills can I gain?
- Entertainment and music
- Team working
- Youth work
- We will provide:. Induction day and role specific training. How to create your own tour. How to make our tour information/presentation your own. Customer Services. Ongoing supervision and support.
- Health ans Safety support for Covid-19 precautions.
39A Newington Green, London, N16 9PR