Organisation aims / mission / values
- As Merton's leading environmental charity, we aim to inspire, engage and influence local people and partners to be the solution to local environmental issues.
We want all Merton residents to lead healthier, happier and more sustainable lifestyles - living in the present in a way that doesn't compromise the future of our planet.
- We are on a mission to clean up Merton's air, tackle food poverty and reduce our consumption of energy and resources across the borough.
- We believe that community action, by the community for the benefit of the whole community, is the most powerful way to spread the word about what we can each do to improve our environment.
- We are building an ever-growing team of volunteer Community Champions - local, passionate people taking practical action to support our work around the issues of Waste, Air Quality, Energy and Food Poverty.
- Our Community Champions are inspiring residents, local businesses and key decision makers to think global, act local.
How we deliver these aimsFounded by a local resident, Sustainable Merton has been making a difference to sustainable living in Merton since 2007. Still going, and growing, strong, as Merton's leading environmental charity, we continue to inspire, engage and influence local people and partner organisations to be the solution to the issues affecting our environment locally and globally. Our organisation reaches out to residents, partners and businesses, and has a number of dedicated volunteers - our Champions, who contribute to the organisation’s activity and development, complementing the work carried out by our small team of staff and trustees.
Who benefits from our workWith our Community Champions on board, we have the power to inspire grassroots action and influence positive change to protect our local environment and planet now, and for future generations.
The Old Boiler House, Morden Hall Park, Morden Hall Road, Morden, SM4 5JD