Street Trees for Living
Location: Greenscene, Wearside Service Centre, Wearside Road, London, SE13 7EZ (see map)
Travel: Ladywell station. Wearside Road bus stop.
Start date: Ongoing
What will I be doing?
- STfL are seeking a Social Media and Marketing Consultant to combine marketing and social media management skills to architect and enhance the charity's social media presences, including interacting with the local community, promoting STfL's interactive and engaging content, and expanding opportunities for charity funding.
- STfL currently has accounts with Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, as well as volunteers willing to run these pages, however it seeks guidance and support in the best ways to approach the running of each social platform, what their uses are, and how to target each one appropriately.
- We are looking for a consultant to work with volunteer social media team members to create innovative social media campaigns, and to provide support to the social media team with its social media platforms, to boost overall marketing and promoting abilities. It could involve any or all of the following: Supports the creation of marketing and social media campaigns and strategies. Provides training and guidance to social media and marketing team members on social media implementation best practices and strategies. Researches and monitors activity of similar charitable organisations.
- STfL is also interested in receiving guidance on the best ways to tie social media platforms to the website.
What impact will this have?
- STfL hopes that if this guidance is provided during the early stages of its social media development that this will put STfL on the right tracks at the very start to help ensure a long-lasting and successful relationship between the charity and its different social media audiences.
- This in turn will increase the charity's visibility, resulting in more interest toward the charity's campaign and potentially increased financial support and increased volunteering. All of this leads to more trees planted successfully per year within the borough.
- Once STfL is working and engaging successfully with its social media platforms, the STfL campaign could be used as a pilot for residential-led street tree planting in other London boroughs and nationwide. This would have a huge impact on the amount of successful street tree planting across the UK.
When are you needed?Options available:
|Morning||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available|
|Afternoon||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available|
|Evening||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available|
- Primarily a post asking for a few hour's of the volunteer's time to create social media action points and help steer our social media volunteers in the right direction when approaching and working on our social media platforms.
- Secondarily to help oversee our social media action plans (see above) and really maximise our social media inputs and outputs.
What else do I need to know?
- This is a role that can done in full from home, with no need to travel. We may request an initial meeting over Zoom but from then on will use phone and e-mail for further communications.
- We do not reimburse volunteer expenses for this role
- No background checks are required
About the organisation:
What skills will be useful?
- Social media
What skills can I gain?
- Advice and support
- Team working
- Councils and public sector
- Social media
Greenscene, Wearside Service Centre, Wearside Road, London, SE13 7EZ