Location: Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5ED (see map)
Travel: Piccadilly Circus station. Charles II Street bus stop.
Start date: 29/03/2020 (one off event)
What will I be doing?
Greeting & directing participants
-We are looking for friendly and enthusiastic volunteers to join our meet and greet team!
-This is a really fulfilling role as you will get to meet hundreds of our runners and have the chance to welcome them to London, put a smile on their face, and get them motivated for their run!
Assisting with our event entertainment - for example this may include dressing up as a Suffragette, a Roman Gladiator, in a bowler hat, or as a character from Harry Potter!
- We will have quirky and exciting experiences around the route for our participants. We would love people who are happy to dress up, partake and fully embrace them.
- You could be re-enacting a Roman Gladiator scene, taking part in historic games at Dr. Johnsons house, donning your sash and waving your flag for Womens Rights as a Suffragette or be part of our dramatic bowler hat send off at the start line!*
Manning the Bag Drop area
- This is a crucial area to the success of the event. We have thousands of runners turning up to run a half marathon the vast majority will bring a bag with them.
Assisting on the Route
- This is a crucial event role. Positioned at key points around the route, you will be part of a team who are our eyes and ears on the course. You’ll help direct our runners in the right direction whilst cheering them on and keeping them motivated. You will need to be loud and energetic no matter what the weather!
Manning Drinks Stations
- This is where our runners can grab a quick drink and maybe a moments rest. We need a team of friendly, welcoming volunteers to support our runners when they need it most.
Helping in the Finish area handing out medals etc
- We need all singing all dancing, happy, cheering volunteers to welcome our runners across the finish line and to congratulate them on their achievement.
- You will be adorning them with their well-earned medals and handing out water etc
London Landmarks Half Marathon
What impact will this have?
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to an event that is helping to raise vital money for Tommy's, the largest charity carrying out research into pregnancy loss and premature birth in the UK.
- The knowledge that you will have made a positive impact and provided invaluable support, improving the experience of participants and spectators.
- Supporting a London Event which encourages engagement in the community.
When are you needed?Options available:
|Morning||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is available|
|Afternoon||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is available|
|Evening||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available|
- Your shift will be a maximum of 8 hours, but most will likely be shorter depending on the location and role you are given and the area in which you will work. A rough idea of shift times for the event will be from 07.00 – 14.00. However please note we will not know the exact shift timings until nearer the event date and so more accurate information will be briefed to you by the event volunteer team in the run up to the event
What else do I need to know?
- Snacks and drinks will be provided on the day.
- Meet like-minded individuals and forge new friendships!
- A great and relevant volunteering experience to put on your CV!
- No background checks are required
About the organisation:
What skills will be useful?
- Team working
- Outdoor work
What skills can I gain?
- Entertainment and music
- Team working
- Youth work
- Outdoor work
There is no specific training required for this role, all relevant information will be communicated to you prior to event day by the volunteer team leader.
A team leader will brief, guide, support and work closely with you on the day at the event.
Pall Mall, London, SW1Y 5ED