Location: Across London, London, NW1 7AW (see map)
Travel: Mornington Crescent station. Mornington Crescent Station bus stop.
Start date: Ongoing
What will I be doing?
- Visiting funeral directors in your area and acting as their point of contact.
- Building a relationship with funeral directors to help them understand the impact of In Memoriam donations to the BHF. Delivering materials (leaflets, envelopes etc.) to funeral directors.
- Collecting and banking In Memoriam donations from funeral directors and writing to bereaved families to acknowledge and thank them for their donations.
- Working alongside your local Fundraising Manager.
What impact will this have?
- Our In Memoriam Secretaries are part of an empowered network of dedicated volunteer fundraisers who help the BHF to keep hearts beating. We aim to invest £100 million each year into lifesaving research and we could not do this without our dedicated volunteers.
- By volunteering with the BHF, you will have the opportunity to make new friends, use your skills to support the BHF and also have fun.
- You will be making a huge difference to the lives of heart patients today and future generations by raising vital lifesaving funds to power our ground-breaking research.
When are you needed?Options available:
|Morning||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available|
|Afternoon||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available|
|Evening||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available|
- This role can work flexibly to suit your availability and other commitments. The time commitment will vary and will depend on the number of funeral directors you are working with and the volume of donations you receive. As a rough guide, the role should require approximately two hours per week.
What else do I need to know?
- Here at the British Heart Foundation (BHF) we want to beat heartbreak forever from the world’s biggest killers. Heart and circulatory diseases kill 1 in 4 people in the UK and 7 million people are living with heart and circulatory diseases in the UK.
- In Memoriam giving is an important way for families affected by heart and circulatory diseases to remember a loved one and provide a vital source of funds to support the work of the BHF. This is a very special and personal way for families and friends to give and it is usually made in lieu of flowers at the funeral.
- By becoming an In Memoriam Secretary Volunteer you will be helping to give a personalised local thank you from the BHF to these families and friends. The BHF also offers the ‘Gift of Hope’ fund which is an ongoing tribute set up to remember a loved one. As part of your role you will also inform funeral directors and families of the ‘Gift of Hope’ service we offer.
- Out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed in accordance with the BHF Volunteer Expense Policy.
- Other background checks are required
About the organisation:
What skills will be useful?
What skills can I gain?
The BHF is committed to ensuring that volunteers have an enjoyable and worthwhile volunteering experience. All In Memoriam Volunteers will have a comprehensive induction to the BHF and relevant training for the role.
You will also receive a volunteer kit, including letter-headed paper and template thank you letters for funeral directors and families, along with BHF resources to provide to funeral directors.
You will have support from existing volunteers and your local Fundraising Manager, as well as the BHF Fundraising Support Team.
Additionally there will be the opportunity to gain and develop skills and to meet other volunteers.
Across London, London, NW1 7AW