The View Magazine CiC
Location: REMOTE ONLY, REMOTE ONLY, London, N19 3JF (see map)
Travel: Upper Holloway station. Elthorne Road bus stop.
Start date: Ongoing
What will I be doing?
- Researching and approaching private sector organisations and individuals trusts, government agencies and other bodies that could potentially make grants to the organisation.
- Writing and presenting proposals.
- Managing the grant application process and ensuring that reporting is tracked and meets donors' expectations.
- Developing relationships with major donors, identifying new potential major donors and nurturing relationships.
- Recruiting and managing volunteers for a fundraising project.
- Communicating with the public: online, via the media, through direct mail etc. Liaising with copywriter, printer etc to produce fundraising promotional material.
What impact will this have?
- Helping the The View Magazine help more women in prison to resettle and reintergrate when they leave prison to return to society and community life. Your work will help them make positive choices and help us to support them.
- You will be supporting and promoting the change thatevery woman is capable of - with the right support. You will be helping us to champion women's creativity to build a positive narrative around them, as artists, writers or poets as they reintergrate into society. This increases their own confidence and they are encouraged to build on their creativity, look for work, enter writing and art competitions etc.
- You will help us raise our voice and help us carry our beliefs to the relevant authorities that women should not be imprisoned for minor offences but that they should receive help in the community to address offending behavior. With us, you will be championing the rights of women in the criminal justice system.
- You will be part of the development and evolution of The View magazine which is also a campaigning and advocacy platform for women and their families who are caught up in the criminal justice system, Your fundraising support will help transform lives, reintegrate women and rebuild family ties.
- You will be helping to promote the economic implications of justice reinvestment, which is investing money into credible community services and mental health support are enormous. To keep a woman in prison costs upwards of £60 000 a year. A community sentence costs about £3000 a year. Women re-offend less and less seriously when they are subject to community sentences.
- You will be contributing to positive changes in the justice system which will in turn have huge impact.
When are you needed?Options available:
|Morning||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available|
|Afternoon||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available|
|Evening||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available||This time slot is available|
- We need you to be available and flexible in this role.
- We will need a commitment for several hours a day, four days week. Those hours and days can be flexible.
What else do I need to know?
- We are holding an online art auction and virtual exhibition of of some the UK's best known artists. Part of your role will be maximizing the potential revenue for this auction.
- You should have good networks in to professional organisations, philanthropic networks, HNW individuals and the legal and art communities.
- We do not reimburse volunteer expenses for this role
- No background checks are required
About the organisation:
What skills will be useful?
- Team working
- Business and management
- Social media
What skills can I gain?
- Advice and support
- Team working
- Business and management
- Councils and public sector
- You will be given basic social media and communications training, as described in our policy and safeguarding documents., if you require it.
- We would prefer an experienced fundraiser and someone who is passionate about social justice and criminal justice reform.
REMOTE ONLY, REMOTE ONLY, London, N19 3JF