Children with voices
Location: 5 Gore Road, Victoria Park, Hackney, London, E9 7HR (see map)
Travel: Cambridge Heath station. Fremont Street bus stop.
Start date: 19/02/2020 (ongoing)
What will I be doing?
- To ensure the Management Committee functions properly. To ensure the organisation is managed effectively.
- The Chairperson will Manage the most senior member as well as making sure staff are all working efficiently.
- To provide support and supervision to the staff i.e. secretary, Treasurer and the Director.
- The Chairperson may from time to time be called upon to represent the organisation and sometimes be its spokesperson at, for example, functions or meetings.
- To represent the organisation as its figurehead.
- Live locally in Hackney would be ideal. Passion for children and families and what they are facing. Food poverty. Networking skills would be ideal also.
Children with voices - Jumping Beans
What impact will this have?
- The mission of JUMMPING BEANS is to build children's confidence and encourage and teach them how to be responsible, respectful and independent children who will go on to lead positive life's by making positive choices.
- Jumping Beans is a NOT -FOR -PROFIT childrens activities and holiday club which teaches young children how to live and maintain a healthy lifestyle through a wide range of activity sessions, events and trips.
- We aim to effect early intervention and prevention, encouraging children to be active, to make and eat well balanced foods and to maintain healthy bodies.
- Help prepare Children with voices to go Gobel & expand. Help us to maintain building so we can offer more activities to the young people in the community. Help to provide jobs to our volunteers by helping to find funds. To be part of a Great Brand.
- You would be changing families, children and young people lives.
- Community food hub - We aim to help support vulnerable families, children & Young people in our community.
When are you needed?Options available:
|Morning||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available|
|Afternoon||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available|
|Evening||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available||This time slot is not available|
- Someone who knows Hackney & the issues that the young people & children are facing. Commitment would be 2/3 hours on a Wednesday in the office with the other staff members. 2/3 hours 2 a month which will reduce to 1 meeting a month.
- Someone local, from Hackney would be ideal (but not necessary).
What else do I need to know?
- Chairing is a key role on any voluntary Management Committee. The Chairperson must ensure that the Management Committee functions properly, that there is full participation during meetings, that all relevant matters are discussed and that effective decisions are made and carried out.
- We are looking for volunteers who can join and help nurture this expanding business and the children we care for.
- Our aims are. Childhood poverty. Childhood obesity. Health & well - being. Well balanced meals.
Travel expense will be paid upon Travel receipt
Food hub will provide you with a food hamper
- Other background checks are required
About the organisation:
What skills will be useful?
- Advice and support
- Team working
- Business and management
- It would be great if you had the following Marketing & Councils & public sector
What skills can I gain?
- Team working
- Social media
- We partnership with HCVS. They offer training to volunteers. How to effectively Chair Meetings -. June 20th, 2020 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM.
- Business Planning for charities -. June 23rd, 2020 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Engaging with Online Influences and Fundraisers -. July 15th, 2020 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM. Essentials of Data Management - May 2nd, 2020 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM.
5 Gore Road, Victoria Park, Hackney, London, E9 7HR