Organisation aims / mission / values
- Our aim is to provide training in the community. To promote empowerment, self-advocacy and encourage refugees, disadvantaged members of the society, black and ethnic minorities to contribute their skills to the benefit of the wider community.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas, resource assistance, and coordination with other community-based organizations.
- Make justice accessible to our client group by providing pro-bono legal advice in the community.
- Provide an opportunity for volunteering and work placement enabling our client group to acquire skills, reduce isolation, make friends and give back to the society.
- To carry out health promotion, advocacy and disseminate information on service provision to our client group.
- To carry out research and publications on issues of development and human rights. To set up projects as well as collaborate with existing Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) in the developing world whose works are geared toward the development of civil society and the reduction of poverty.
How we deliver these aimsWorking from the principle that every community has strengths and resources that can be brought together to achieve the goals of its members, Action for Community Development aims to contribute to the creation of a better future through by providing capacity building training, Information, career advice & guidance, Employability training, Legal advice and volunteering and work placement Opportunities.
Who benefits from our workAfCD was founded with the mission of promoting community building and social transformation in diverse and under-resourced communities. We do this through specific and measurable approaches designed to enhance the capacity of individuals especially from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic or refugee groups. We support disadvantaged members of the community, helping them to define their own path to bring about social change.
Action for Community Development (AfCD)
Our aim is to provide training in the community.
To promote empowerment, self-advocacy and encourage refugees, disadvantaged members of the society, black and ethnic minorities to contribute their skills to the benefit of the wider community.