Forces for London
Veterans returning from military service need help to find new jobs. In the UK, 700,000 veterans aged 16 to 64 are unemployed. Those who leave the service early are most likely to be jobless.
Forces For London addresses this.
Through a combination of high-quality volunteering opportunities, bespoke support, mentoring and employability training opportunities, Forces For London will:
- Support veterans and early service leavers to translate their military skills and experiences to those required in the civilian workplace
- Help veterans develop employability skills by volunteering and connecting them to networks in their own community
- Give them the confidence to sustain employment, education or training
- Offer mentoring to help them find jobs, and progress once they are in work
- In return, businesses can recruit potential employees who are well prepared for the world of work
Our ambition over the next three years is to support 200 veterans and early service leavers to access high quality volunteering opportunities and employability training. We also plan to support more than 100 veterans and early service leavers into sustained employment, education or training.