If you love London and want to help UEFA EURO 2020 fans make the most of the capital, then the London Squad Volunteer role is perfect for you!
London Squad Volunteers for UEFA EUROs 2020
London Squad - welcoming visitors to London during UEFA EURO 2020
Apply to be in the London Squad for UEFA EURO 2020The Mayor of London is recruiting 2,000 volunteers to be in the London Squad.
The London Squad will provide a world-class welcome to visitors across London at tourist hotspots, transport hubs and at official fan zones during the tournament in July 2020. You will be the face of London, showcasing our fantastic city to a global audience.
The roles on offer range from bringing fan zones to life, directing visitors to famous landmarks, leading teams of volunteers at iconic venues, and many more. Whatever you London Squad volunteering role, you'll be creating life-long memories for everyone taking part, including you!
Everyone is eligible to be in the London Squad, no matter your background or whether you've volunteered before. All that we ask is that you're over 18 by May 2020.
So, if you’re passionate about London and want to make UEFA EURO 2020 the best it can be – this role for you!
Who can be in the London Squad?
Everyone is welcome to apply to be in the London Squad. However, there are some basic requirements to consider. You should:
- be passionate about London
- be 18 years old by 1 May 2020
- take part in the online application and face-to-face interview at Wembley Stadium
- agree to the terms and conditions of the programme which might include undergoing background checks
- attend at least three training sessions from May 2020
- volunteer for at least five shifts
Benefits of being in the London Squad
You and 2,000 other London Squad Volunteers will play an integral role to UEFA EURO 2020 by creating an atmosphere unlike any other we’ve seen before. You will also receive:
- an official uniform by Adidas
- be part of a once-in-generation sporting event
- thank you party
- travel expenses for Zones 1 – 6 and to airport shifts
- refreshments during your shifts
London Squad Volunteering roles
- London Host City Squad Volunteer - Based at transport hubs and tourist sites, you will showcase the best of London to fans and visits. You will also keep them up-to-date with relevant information and encourage them to take part in the UEFA EURO 2020 events and activities on offer.
- London Host City Squad Leader Volunteer - Based at fan zones, transport hubs or landmarks, you will support your team of London Squad Volunteers and ensure they can undertake their volunteering role successfully. You will gain experience of leading a team and full training will be provided.
- Selection Centre Squad Volunteer - Based at Wembley Stadium during Jul – Nov 2019, you will play a critical role by helping to recruit the 2,000 London Squad Volunteer. You will run fun selection sessions will have a choice of shifts to choose from, including weekday, weekend and evening.
|11 Jun 2019 -Jul 2019||Applications open for the London Squad volunteer programme|
|Aug-Nov 2019||Selection Centre interviews at Wembley Stadium|
|Jan 2020||London Squad roles offered|
|Jan-Mar 2020||Shifts confirmed. Volunteers will know what shifts they will be carrying out|
|May-Jun 2020||Role specific training|
|Jun-Jul 2020||Collect uniform and accreditation|
|Jun-Jul 2020||Volunteering starts|