Team London and Thrive LDN Grants
In partnership with Thrive LDN and the #iWill Fund, we are offering grants of £5,000 - £10,000 to community groups, small charities and voluntary sector organisations to run projects which encourage young Londoners to volunteer or take part in social action.
The projects can focus on any area of volunteering or social action such as sports, arts, media, environment, inter-generational, music, etc, but should also encourage good mental health and wellbeing. The majority of young participants will be new to volunteering and will come from groups that are disproportionately affected by mental health, such as those within the criminal justice system or young refugees or asylum seekers.
The Team London and Thrive LDN Medium Grants will fund projects which:
- Work with 10 – 20 year olds on volunteering and/or social action projects which promote wellbeing and emotional resilience.
- Demonstrate how volunteering and/or social action positively impacts on young people’s wellbeing and emotional resilience.
During 2018, seven grants will be distributed to projects that should be completed by the end of February 2019. Read more about our Medium Grants.
Barnet, Haringey and Harrow
- Jewish Volunteer Network
- Third Age Project
- Holborn Community Association – Digital Wisdom
- Southall Community Alliance
- St. Mary’s Secret Garden
Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea, Lambeth, Southwark, Wandsworth, Westminster
- Cara Trust
- Hounslow Action for Youth
- Entelechy Arts (Meet Me at the Albany)
Merton and Wandsworth
- Merton Home Tutoring Service
- London Bubble Theatre Company
- Walworth Golden Oldies
- ODL Volunteer Support
- Selby Trust – Providing more speed and group volunteering roles around environmental and sustainable projects at their Tottenham site.
- Worldwrite – Providing volunteering opportunities in an innovative media project for young people helping them to voice their opinions of global issues.
- Bee Urban – Engaging expert volunteers in environmental issues to share their experience with local communities.
- Sutton Community Farm – Developing more group volunteering roles that will help them to further develop this 7 acre small holding to grow even more produce and teach growing and horticultural skills.
- Wise Thoughts – Recruiting even more volunteers to ensure that the LGBT events throughout the coming year have even more impact and attract more visitors.
- Cordwainers Grow – Providing volunteer-led activity sessions in the Hackney community which range from hands-on planting and growing sessions to wider skills of marketing and social media around local projects.
- Big Dance 2016 – People Dancing – this project will recruit and train 100s of volunteers to help deliver the Big Dance 2016 across the capital.
- Goodgym – Recruiting more volunteers in more boroughs across London to get fit and do good at the same time by running to community projects, helping out, then running back again.
- Brixton People’s Kitchen – Using surplus food from local green grocers and markets, this project will recruit and train more volunteers to help run their mobile kitchen that dispenses free meals in Brixton.
- Create London – This innovative project works alongside young volunteers in Dagenham & Barking and the surrounding areas, picking fruit and producing a marketable branded drink. Young volunteers take part in every part of the production process from fruit picking to workshops on marketing.
- The Maypole Project – Recruiting volunteers to give 121 support to their children on sporting activity trips.
- Sufra NW London – Transforming a piece of derelict ground on an inner city estate with volunteers from every section of the local community, to create a food growing garden.
- Haringey Mencap – The Give Project offers short volunteering roles to support their vulnerable clients in a range of exciting new activities.
- Delete Blood Cancer UK- This project will create a number of information hubs in various London boroughs, manned by specially trained volunteers, to raise awareness of the disease and provide information and signposting.
- Providence Row – Creating more volunteer roles for businesses, to up-skill their clients and share knowledge and experience in a range of activities.
- Volunteer Centre Kensington & Chelsea – Recruiting a range of volunteers from the local community to meet and greet visitors to Portobello and Goldbourne Road markets.
- Deen City Farm – Recruiting more local volunteers from both business and community, to help maintain this inspiring five-acre farm which also offers food growing, classroom studies, and therapeutic services including a riding school.
- Foodcycle – Trained unemployed young people to create affordable meals and help run the Community Café in Bromley-by-Bow.
- Green Corridor - Engaged young volunteers (14-25) to turn an allotment at the heart of Heathrow Airport, into a thriving wildlife space for the local community.
- TimeBank - Matched business mentors with young people 16-24 who have been in care.
- The Maypole Project - Recruited volunteers to support young people with complex illnesses to engage in sporting activities.
- The Hebe Foundation - A business and leadership project which used peer volunteers aged 17 and adults to teach a wide range of transferable skills including marketing, pitching, buying and selling to 14-19-year-olds.
- Selfless - Trained volunteers to be 'London Health Ambassadors' and share important health messages within hard-to-reach communities.
- Sutton Community Farm - Farm based buddying scheme which taught and mentored young volunteers, some of whom have learning difficulties or other disabilities, about managing a farm and working with others.
- Wide Horizons - Supported volunteers to transform a five-acre area in South London into well-managed woodland.
- Project Dirt - Enabled Team London volunteers to access a wider range of small locally based community projects.
- Spacehive - Matched Civic Crowdfunding community projects with volunteers.
- Action Tutoring - Tutoring project
- Capital Growth - Community greening
- The Conservation Volunteers - Green gyms project
- Envision - Community apprentice scheme
- The Hackney Pirates - Literacy project
- London Sport
- Selfless - Online university recruitment platform
- TimeBank - One-to-one mentoring
- Trees for Cities - Edible playgrounds project
- Wheels for Wellbeing - Cycling lessons for the disabled