West Anglia Taskforce
Improvements to the West Anglia Main Line have the potential to unlock substantial housing, jobs and business growth in the London-Stansted-Cambridge corridor. The West Anglia Taskforce was established by the Chancellor of the Exchequer and the Mayor of London in February 2015 to examine this issue as part of their long term economic plan for London.
The Taskforce will build the case for upgraded rail infrastructure on the West Anglia Main Line to improve connections between London, Stansted and Cambridge, and unlock opportunities for economic growth along the whole route. It will report its initial findings to the Government in summer 2016.
On Thursday 27 October the Taskforce held an event in Bishop's Stortford which was attended by Paul Maynard MP, to launch the final report along with its 5 point plan for investment in the West Anglia Main Line. the press release can be viewed here
The West Anglia Taskforce has now published its brochure detailing the potential improvements that can be made along the West Anglia Main Line ahead of Crossrail 2. The brochure can be downloaded here and the press release can be viewed here.
The West Anglia Taskforce met with the Chancellor of the Exchequer to highlight the importance of track improvements between London, Stansted Airport and Cambridge to unlock tens of thousands of new homes and jobs, and provide a real boost to economic growth. The full press release can be read here.
More details on the formation and purpose of the Taskforce can be found here.
The Taskforce terms of reference can be viewed here.
- Rt Hon Sir Alan Haselhurst MP – Member of Parliament for Saffron Walden [Chair]
- Rt Hon David Lammy MP – Member of Parliament for Tottenham
- Cllr Kevin Bentley - Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Economic Growth, Infrastructure, Waste & Recycling, Essex County Council
- Cllr Ian Bates - Economy and Environment Committee Chair, Cambridgeshire County Council Group
- Cllr Derrick Ashley - Cabinet Member for Environment, Planning and Transport, Hertfordshire County Council
- Cllr Tim Wotherspoon - Cabinet Member and Strategic Planning and Transportation Portfolio Holder, South Cambridgeshire District Council
- Cllr Joe Goldberg - Cabinet Member for Economic Development, Social Inclusion and Sustainability, London Borough of Haringey
- Cllr Doug Taylor - Leader, London Borough of Enfield
- Andrew Harrison - Managing Director, Stansted Airport and Chair, London Stansted Cambridge Consortium Business Group
- Alex Plant - Transport Project Group Chair, Cambridge Ahead
- Alexandra Jones - London Stansted Cambridge Consortium Chair
- Mark Reeve - Chair, Greater Cambridge Greater Peterborough Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
- Michèle Dix CBE - Managing Director, Crossrail 2, Transport for London
- Paul Harwood - Director Strategy & Planning (South), Network Rail
- Stuart White - Deputy Director, Rail Network Outcomes, Department for Transport [Advisory Role]
- Fiona Fletcher-Smith - Executive Director of Development, Enterprise and Environment, Greater London Authority [Working Group Chair]