Photojournalism Programme: Our Content - Change the Game
Now open for applications
Our Content - Change the Game, is an exciting new programme supported by the Mayor of London which gives young Londoners from underrepresented groups the opportunity to fulfil a career in sports media and photojournalism.
The programme is looking to recruit young Londoners aged between 14 and 25 years old who are aspiring to be the next generation of sports photographers. Under the guidance of photographer Ernest Simons, participants will learn techniques and skills in the classroom, but also have the unique opportunity to access some of London's major sporting events, to test these out.
What are the main activities on the programme?
- 12-week photojournalism course
- Classes will take place every 2 weeks in the evening and will last up to 2.5 hours
- Classes will take place in locations in East and North West London with additional sessions across the city
- Participants will be expected to attend a minimum of 10 out of 12 classroom sessions
- Participants will have unique access to a minimum of two major sporting events taking place in London for the purposes of work experience and to build networks/contacts and a personal image portfolio
- Sports events will mainly be on weekends but may take place during weekdays, evenings, or during holiday periods
When does the programme start?
The 12-week classroom-based photojournalism course will start from mid-January 2020, and participants will start practicing their skills out at major sporting events from March 2020.
What sporting events will I attend on the programme?
As part of the programme, you will be given unique access to photograph at some of London's major sporting events, such as: the Olympic Boxing European Continental Qualifier, European Men’s Football Championship, Major league Baseball, British Cycling events and Women’s Super League football.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Any Londoners aged between 14 and 25 years of age (we are looking to recruit into two cohorts 14-18 years and 19-25 years).
- Those aged 14-18 years old should be able to show they have a keen interest in sports, sport photography, and story telling.
- Those aged 19-25 years old should have a focused interest in sport photography / film, studying or have studied in this field, and is looking for a career in this field.
We're looking for enthusiasm, creativity and passion to make a difference.
Apply for a place
Positions on the course are now open for application. Before applying, please read the full details in the posting to give yourself the best chance of being shortlisted.
Applications need to be submitted by 23:59 15 December 2019.
All applicants will be notified by 8 January 2020 if they have been successful or not.