Non-confidential facts and advice to the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime (DMPC)
Introduction and background
1. This crime and disorder reduction grant will contribute towards the implementation costs of a policing tactic and will allow the continuation of existing services.
2. Full details are contained in part 2.
Issues for consideration
3. This is a one-time grant and there are no ongoing costs associated with this provision.
4. Full details are contained in part 2.
5. The total grant value is £400k; this will be met from within existing budgets.
6. Under section 9 of the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011 MOPAC may make a Crime and Disorder Reduction Grant to any person if they are of the opinion that it will secure, or contribute to securing crime and disorder reduction within the MPD.
7. Full details are contained within the report attached.
8. An Equality Impact Assessment has been completed and no relevance was found to diversity and equality in the provision of this grant.