Non-confidential facts and advice to the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime (DMPC)
Introduction and background
1. The Digital Policing Transformation Programme is a key enabler of the One Met Model. This programme implements a new delivery model for digital services to better meet the needs of the MPS and at a reduced cost.
2. In July 2015 MOPAC approved the Strategic Outline Case (SOC) (DMPCD 2015 83) which noted a total investment of £7.25m with an initial tranche of funding of £1.25m. The MPS are now seeking approval for the release of the remaining funding of £6m to allow the completion of the DP Transformation programme.
Issues for consideration
3. The implementation of the Intelligent Client Function (ICF) is intrinsically linked with the wider transformation of Digital Policing. The function will work with the other transformed elements of DP - the supply chain partners comprising a service integrator and tower providers - to deliver a fit for purpose service providing the digital services required in the 21st century.
4. The total cost of the DP Transformation programme is £7.25m which will be funded from within existing budgets. This investment will contribute to the wider transformation which will see the total operating costs reduce by £46m from £174m to £128m in 2019/20, after taking account of the cost of supporting new services such as Body Worn Video and Mobile devices.
5. There are no legal implications.
6. There are no equality or diversity issues.