Non-confidential facts and advice to the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime (DMPC)
Introduction and background
1. A national database is being rolled out across the country, with MPS scheduled for implementation in March 2017. The database requires a uplift in security in order that it can be installed and accessed.
Issues for consideration
2. MPS has reviewed all the existing SO sites and identified a number of sites which require the accommodation uplift in order to maintain operational effectiveness.
3. Without the uplift MPS will cease to have access to a CT intelligence database from March 2017.
4. The estimated cost of the accommodation uplift works are estimated at £2.856m - £2.031m capital and £825k revenue over the period 2016/17-2019/20.
5. The costs will be met from the Counter Terrorism Policing Grant.
6. Further details are contained in the Part 2 paper.
7. There are no direct legal implications
8. There are no direct equality and diversity implications for this accommodation project.