Non-confidential facts and advice to the Deputy Mayor for Policing and Crime (DMPC)
Introduction and background
1. The Police ICT Company supports law enforcement agencies in making the best use of technology to deliver efficient and effective policing in England and Wales. It supports and complements local activity and helps police and crime commissioners and local policing bodies to secure best value for money. The Police ICT Company is registered as a Company Limited by Guarantee.
2. In March 2015 you accepted the invitation to become a member of the Police ICT Company and agreed to the initial contribution of £25k
Issues for consideration
3. Following discussions at the ICT Company Board it has been agreed that the costs of the ICT Company will be passed onto PCC based on a fixed charge of £60k.
4. The cost of the proposed contracts will be funded from within existing budgets.
5. Section 6 of the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011 (“the Act”) provides the MOPAC must secure the maintenance of the Metropolitan Police Force, and secure that the Metropolitan Police Force is efficient and effective.
6. There are no equality or diversity issues.