MOPAC/MPS Audit Panel
The Audit Panel is responsible for enhancing public trust and confidence in MOPAC and the MPS. It also assists MOPAC in discharging statutory responsibility to hold the MPS to account. This is achieved by:
- advising MOPAC and the Metropolitan Police Commissioner according to good governance principles
- providing independent assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of MOPAC MPS internal control environment and risk management framework
- overseeing the effectiveness of the framework in place for ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and in particular those in respect of health and safety and equalities and diversity
- independently scrutinising financial and non-financial performance to the extent that it affects MOPAC and MPS exposure to risks and weakens the internal control environment
- overseeing the financial reporting process
The Panel is made up of Linda Duncan (Chair), Mike Adams, John Anderson and Richard Stephenson (Health and Safety Advisor). It meets on a quarterly basis (usually in the months of March, June, September and December).
Reports and notes from meetings of the Audit Panel are available below.