MOPAC Women's Network
The MOPAC Women’s Network was launched in September 2018, and is a grass roots collaboration of colleagues across the organisation working together to maximise the role of women, and support gender equality in the organisation and beyond.
The mission statement for the network is to:
To galvanise, inspire and empower MOPAC women to achieve their full potential and ambitions in the organisation and beyond, enabling new and innovative approaches to improving gender equality in MOPAC; and promoting and supporting efforts towards gender equality across the capital”.
Membership of the network is open to women and male allies across MOPAC, and includes colleagues from across departments and pay grades. The MOPAC Women’s network also works in partnership with Women’s networks across the Mayoral family including the TfL female staff support network, and the Network of Women in the Metropolitan Police.
Key areas of activity and priority for the network
The key areas of activity and priority for the network are broken down into five areas:
- Pairing MOPAC women with inspiring mentors and mentoring opportunities.
- Building social and professional capital through networking opportunities, workshops and events.
- Identifying relevant training and development opportunities.
- Career development workshops
- Interview and branding skills sharing
- CV surgeries
- Working in partnership with other women’s networks and public-sector organisations to share opportunities and good practice, and demonstrate the unique organisational value created by female leadership.
- Enabling a collective consultative voice on organisational issues, policies and strategies.
- Providing a safe, supportive space for members to seek advice.
The MOPAC Women’s Network is always looking for opportunities to collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders to provide opportunities for network members and share good practice.
If you would like to suggest a guest speakers or workshop which might benefit the network; would like to discuss a partnership opportunity; or would simply like to know more about what we do, please email us at [email protected].