Housing Moves

The Mayor’s Housing Moves scheme enables tenants of London’s boroughs or housing associations to move to a home in another borough.

How does it work?

Nearly all councils and many housing associations in London contribute homes to the scheme throughout the year. These are advertised on the Housing Moves website and applicants can ‘bid’ for those that they are interested in. Priority is given to households with more or fewer bedrooms than they need, those in work, and those providing care to a relative or friend.

How can I find out more?

You can find more information about the scheme from our Housing Moves flyer and at the Housing Moves website.

If you are a social tenant aged 60 or older and you would like to move to a home outside of London you may be interested in the Mayor’s other housing mobility scheme - Seaside & Country Homes.

How can I apply?

If you are a social tenant and are interested in applying, please complete our application form