Support for public landowners
The Small Sites programme aims to provide a streamlined service for public sector landowners to:
- bring small, publicly-owned sites forward for housing-led development
- invigorate new and emerging ‘sources of supply’ including small developers, small housing associations and community-led housing groups
What’s on offer for landowners?
Funding is available for:
- site identification and assessment
- site surveys and Due Diligence to reduce uncertainty in sites going through the programme
- ‘unlocking’ unviable sites going through the programme, where required
A streamlined service
- GLA support to bring small public-sector sites forward for development.
- online marketing with basic agency support, for efficiency and greater reach to small builders.
- standard selection process for small builders capable of building good quality homes with creative solutions for complex sites
- standard contracts for easy comparison and minimal negotiation with small builders
- offer a reasonable level of control
- avoid lengthy procurement processes
- allow the site to be retained by the landowner until development can start
- give the landowner continuing influence over the development
- discourage those who do not intend to get on and build
- allow covenants to secure affordable and/or community-led housing to be included
Landowners interested in bringing sites through the programme can get a full set of contractual documentation by emailing [email protected]
How landowners can apply
It's possible to get involved in the programme at several levels. The prospectus sets these out and describes how we will prioritise our support.
▼ Download the Prospectus and Expression of Interest form (pdf 5MB)
- Review the latest sites and contracts, and email us at [email protected] to discuss and understand the process.
- Complete the Expression of Interest with sites you're looking to bring forward and support you're seeking.
- Submit to [email protected] by 18 June 2018.
Decisions to provide support will be made on a rolling basis, at quarterly intervals.