Find out more about Warmer Homes below by searching the FAQs.
Warmer Homes FAQs
- What is the Energy Company Obligation Flexible Eligibility scheme?
- How will I know if my home needs improvements?
- What if the survey says my home doesn’t need any improvements?
- Do only domestic properties qualify for the scheme?
- I own my home but live somewhere else. Do I qualify for the scheme?
- Who is eligible for the scheme?
- Do I have to secure my landlord’s consent for the energy efficiency improvements?
- I am a landlord, the property I am applying for has an Energy Performance Certificate Rating of F or G so Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards apply. Can my tenants still benefit from the scheme?
- I’m not on benefits, can I still get home improvements?
- I am a landlord. What is State Aid, and how does it affect me or my tenants when applying to the scheme?
- What is the Energy Company Obligation?
- I am a landlord with several properties. Can I apply for more than one property?
- Do council and housing association properties qualify for the scheme?
- I am a leaseholder - am I eligible for the scheme?
- I am a private landlord with tenants who are struggling to pay their energy bills, or a private tenant. Can I apply for energy efficiency improvements?
- I live outside of London. Is this scheme running in the rest of the UK?
- What benefits do I need to receive to qualify for the scheme?
- I am a private landlord. Can I apply on behalf of my tenants?
Benefits of the scheme
- How will the scheme benefit vulnerable people?
- What energy efficiency improvements are covered?
- How do you decide what improvements can be made to my home?
- Where can I find out more about the different kinds of improvements?
- Can I decide what home improvements will be carried out?
- How much money and energy could I save?
- Will the improvements help the environment?
- What can I get from this scheme?
Applying for the scheme
Energy efficiency improvements
- If my application is accepted, what improvements can be made?
- Can I use a local installer to do the work?
- What if I have a problem with the improvements after they have been made? Who can I contact?
- What if my home needs other repairs before the improvements can be made?
- How long will the installation work take?
- I'm a tenant/landlord of a privately rented home, why can’t Warmer Homes replace or repair my/my tenant's boiler?
- I am a tenant/landlord, who is responsible for agreeing the works and signing them off?
- How long will it take for work to start once I have applied?
- Who will carry out the works?
Quality assurance and fraud
Money and fairness
- Can I contribute my own money to the cost of the works?
- How much funding is available for each home?
- Will the maximum amount available be spent on my home?
- What happens when the money runs out?
- How do you decide who gets home improvements?
- Will I definitely receive improvements?
- Will I receive the money for the improvements?
- How will you make sure that vulnerable people benefit from the scheme?
- How many households will benefit from the scheme?
- I got a new boiler under the Mayor’s Better Boilers scheme. Can I also apply for Warmer Homes?
- Do I have to pay for any of the work?