Housing Moves

The Mayor’s Housing Moves scheme enables tenants of London’s boroughs or housing associations to move to a home in another borough.

How does it work?

Nearly all councils and many housing associations in London contribute homes to the scheme throughout the year. These are advertised on the Housing Moves website and applicants can ‘bid’ for those that they are interested in. Priority is given to households with more or fewer bedrooms than they need, those in work, and those providing care to a relative or friend.

How can I find out more?

You can find more information about the scheme from our Housing Moves flyer and at the Housing Moves website.

If you are a social tenant aged 55 or older and you would like to move to a home outside of London you may be interested in the Mayor’s other housing mobility scheme - Seaside & Country Homes.

How can I apply?

If you are a social tenant and are interested in applying, please complete our application form by selecting the button at the top of the page.

How do I search and bid for properties?

If your landlord has verified your Housing Moves application and you have been supplied with your user ID and password, you can search for properties by selecting the button below. Bid cycles run for a minimum of four days which must include Friday and Saturday.

How do I report a change of circumstances?

You can inform us of a change to your circumstances by selecting the button below. If the change affects your eligibility, priority or bedroom entitlement, your landlord will need to reverify your application. You will not be able to bid for properties until this has been completed. If your change does not impact on your eligibility, priority or bedroom entitlement, you will be able to continue bidding without interruption.

Share this page