Have your say - better health for all Londoners
The Mayor has launched his Draft Health Inequalities strategy to help create a healthier and fairer society, and to help make the healthier choice easier for everyone, including the most disadvantaged.
We want to know what you think about these plans and your ideas for improving health and wellbeing for all Londoners.
While the health of Londoners has improved over the years, not everyone enjoys the full benefits of a life lived in good health.
Someone's health can be affected by: where they live, what they do for a living, their income or their childhood background. This in turn leads to some stark health difference across the city.
For example, women in Tower Hamlets can expect to live for 30 years in poor health compared to under 12 years for men in Enfield.
We want to improve these unfair and avoidable differences so the draft Health Inequalties strategy has 5 major goals:
- Every London child to have the best possible start in life
- All Londoners share in a city with the best mental health in the world
- A society, environment and economy that promotes good mental and physical health
- London’s diverse communities to be healthy and thriving
- To make the ‘healthy choice’ the easy choice for all Londoners
Have your say
We want to hear from Londoners and organisations - what you think, what you're already doing, how you can help, and what the Mayor could do to achieve even more.
If you're an individual
If you're an organisation
- complete our survey (it's your chance to share your views and ideas)
- review our integrated impact assessment - it examines the possible economic, environmental and social impacts of the draft strategy
- request a slide pack to help you discuss the strategy with colleagues and partners
- make an offer of support via our pledge portal
If you would like to send a response by post please request the freepost address at: [email protected]
These are informal drop-in sessions held in City Hall, SE1 2AA.
You will be able to find out about the Mayor’s draft Health Inequalities Strategy, Better Health for All Londoners, from staff in the GLA’s Health Team and provide your views on the draft strategy.
If you would like to attend a drop-in session, email the Health Inequalities team with the date you can do.
|16th November 2017||11:00am - 12:30pm||City Hall, SE1 2AA|
|29th November 2017||2:00pm - 4:00pm||City Hall, SE1 2AA|
This consultation will run until 30 November 2017. Following analysis and consideration of all of your responses, we will publish the final Health Inequalities Strategy in 2018.