EU Settlement Scheme adviser training
We're offering free in-depth casework training for the EU Settlement Scheme, developed by legal partners Here for Good. This training programme is open to all organisations and individuals supporting EU citizens across the UK.
The training has been designed to up-skill people advising on the EU Settlement Scheme and provide the tools to deal with complex cases.
As part of the London is Open campaign, the Mayor of London has been supporting grassroots organisations working in the EU citizens’ rights sector since the Brexit referendum.
The months ahead will arguably be the most challenging in securing the rights of EU, EEA and Swiss citizens, as well as their families. Many of those still left to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme face additional barriers to obtaining their correct status, but existing advice and support services are under extreme pressure given the scale of the challenge and the complexity of some cases.
Who is the training for?
The training programme will help organisations and individuals effectively support and advise those with complex cases. It is designed for three key audiences:
- organisations and individuals qualified to provide advice under the OISC Level 1 EUSS accreditation scheme*
- organisations and individuals qualified to provide advice under the OISC Level 2 or 3 accreditation schemes who do not regularly advise on EUSS cases
- organisations and individuals providing support to groups at risk of not applying under the Scheme, such as charities supporting older people or rough-sleepers, or statutory services such as housing officers or social workers
*This programme is designed to complement, rather than replace, existing training.
What is covered?
Each training session will be centred around case studies within particular at-risk groups, including:
- Standard Complex EUSS Training
- Working with Children Training
- Working with the Homeless Training
- Working with the Elderly Training
- Criminal Records Training