Accessibility statement for Non-Road Mobile Machinery
This website is run by the Greater London Authority (GLA). We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
This site has been built to be as accessible as possible and tested against WCAG 2.1 AA. There are some areas which are not yet fully accessible:
- Some pages have markup issues which may pose a problem for some screen readers and other assistive technologies in interpreting the content, for instance: the close buttons in the invitations section of the site details page do not have an accessible label and value for the attribute name so may not be able to be controlled using assistive technologies.
- The First Name field form attribute and value may not be correctly formatted on some pages so may not be able to be correctly auto filled by the browser.
- The colour contrast of some objects on some pages (e.g. the calendar on the register machinery page) may be insufficient for some users with visual impairments.
- There may be instances where after 30 minutes of inactivity you are timed out without a warning message appearing offering you the option to extend your session. This may affect some users who may need more time.
- The map maximise, map expand and map minimise image buttons do not have alternate text on the register a site and the view site details pages so people using a screen reader cannot access this instructional information.
- The map street view icon is not keyboard selectable on the register a site page meaning that users with visual or motor impairments may not be able to access it.
- When resizing pages to 1280 pixels wide and 400% zoom, the cookie banner currently obscures a large part of the content on some pages (including the pages to create an account, edit your details, register machinery, and view site details), meaning a user will need to dismiss it to view the content.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- call 020 7983 4100 (Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm)
- get in touch via our online form
- or email [email protected]
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within five working days, to advise further.
If you cannot view the map on our contact us page, please call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact our Digital Team by emailing [email protected].
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’) in England, Wales and Scotland. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Find out how to contact City Hall.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Greater London Authority (GLA) is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
- When using 400% zoom and resizing to 1280 pixels wide, the cookie banner overlays a large part of the content on some pages, including the create an account, edit your details, register machinery, and site details pages, until it is dismissed (WCAG 2.1 AA criterion 1.4.10 - reflow)
Since the banner sits across london.gov.uk it has been scheduled to be addressed as an estate-wide feature by September 2020.
- The request password reset page does not follow the tab naming convention of other pages which may make it difficult for users to easily differentiate between multiple tabs whether the information on a certain page is relevant to their needs and also for screen readers to correctly identify the content of that page by its title (WCAG 2.1 AA criterion 2.4.1 - page titled).
- Colour contrast issues on certain pages (e.g. the calendar on the register machinery page) may make it difficult for visually impaired users (WCAG 2.1 AA criterion 1.4.3 - colour contrast)
- The First Name field form attribute and value may not be correctly formatted on some pages so may not be able to be correctly auto filled by the browser (WCAG 2.1 AA criterion 1.3.5 - identify input purpose).
- There may be instances where after 30 minutes of inactivity you are timed out without a warning message appearing offering you the option to extend your session. This may affect some users who may need more time (WCAG 2.1 AA criterion 2.2.1 - timing adjustable).
- Markup issues on some pages may affect the ability of assistive technologies to accurately convey the instructions on and general context of those pages (WCAG 2.1 AA criterion 1.3.1 - information and relationships, 4.1.1 - parsing)
We plan to fix the listed issues above by the end of February 2020.
N/A - There are no issues in this category.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- The map as provided by Google on the register a site and view site details pages where some features do not have alternate text or are not keyboard selectable.
As this is third-party content which is not under our control (neither funded, nor developed by us), it falls under the exemptions of the accessibility regulations - Application, 4. (2)(e). However we have reported this to Google via their feedback form.
How we tested this website
This website launched in January 2020. It was built to comply with WCAG 2.1 AA and was tested against this prior to launch. Rather than specifying a sample of pages to test, all key user journeys were tested. It was last retested in January 2020.
All accessibility testing was done by Test Partners.
- The new NRMM register site, available at https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/environment/pollution-and-air-quality/non-road-mobile-machinery-register/login
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will resolve all outstanding non-compliance issues that are within our control (detailed under ‘non compliance with the accessibility regulations’) by July 2020.
This statement was prepared on 30 January 2020.