Tree Giveaway at Stave Hill Ecological Park
This event is organised by The Conservation Volunteers (TCV)
In partnership with the Mayor of London, TCV will be giving away individual or pairs of FREE trees during National Tree Week for Londoners to plant. Species include; Bird Cherry, Field Maple and Rowan / Mountain Ash.
For more information, visit our website.
The events listed on this webpage are not events organised by the Greater London Authority and accordingly the Greater London Authority shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or injury suffered by any person(s) in relation to or connected with the same.
NO SIGN UP REQUIRED, JUST TURN UP ON THE DAY
What to Bring
Finding the Event
10 minutes’ walk from Canada Water Tube (Jubilee Line / London Overground).
Directions from Canada Water tube station:
- Turn left out of the station onto Surrey Quays Road (exit for bus station). When you exit the station, the library should be on the opposite side of the road.
- Walk past Sainsbury’s Local
- Turn left again onto Needleman St
- Turn right at the bottom of Needleman St onto Poolmans St
- Turn left at the end of Poolmans St onto Timber pond Rd
- Turn right onto tree-lined footpath (Dock Hill Avenue) that leads to the conical Stave Hill mound (hill with concrete staircase leading to the top)
- At the end of Dock Hill Avenue, walk around the base of the hill to the left
- On your left, you will see an entrance into the ecology park
- Go through that entrance, and walk straight ahead, passing a pond on your right
- You will then pass through an ivy covered wooden structure. Take the path to the left
- Follow this down, and you will soon have a high green mesh fence on your left. This is the fencing around SHED.
- Follow the path around to the left, and you will find the gate into the compound
By Bus/Tram: Take C10 or 381 to the YHA on Salter Road and walk down Lagado Mews. This turns right into Timber Pond Rd. Continue past the college, where you will find Dock Hill Approach. Continue as per pedestrian info above.
Please email for further information.