Applications are now open for our National Park City Festival community activity grants.
National Park City Festival: Community Activity Grants
Apply for a grant
We’re working with National Park City Foundation, other partners, and Londoners to make London the world’s first National Park City. We’ll be marking this moment with the National Park City Festival in July. Now we’d like you to help make it happen.
The festival runs from 20-28 July and will celebrate London’s great outdoor spaces. There’ll be fun activities from culture and health and fitness to wildlife, the environment and more. We’ll also be encouraging Londoners to discover new spaces and find fresh ways to get in touch with nature. We want to give all Londoners, community groups and businesses the opportunity to take part. With your help, we can make our city greener, healthier and wilder.
We’re now offering community activity grants to support organisations that want to hold festival events in their local area.
You can apply for a grant until 5pm on Friday 15 March. All activities must take place during the National Park City Festival in July.
If you don’t need grant funding for your activity, you can still add it to our event listings and programme. We’ll be posting more details soon.
We want to hear from organisations involved in culture, health and fitness, wellbeing and communities, as well as environment, wildlife and conservation. Our aim is to reach new audiences who don’t use London’s outdoor spaces much.
Grants are open to community groups, registered charities and Community Interest Companies, arts collectives, uniformed youth groups, interest and environmental groups, sports groups, small businesses, schools, faith groups and London boroughs.
For individuals wanting to apply, you should partner with an organisation (as per listed above). You can find out more in the grant guidance notes.
We want to fund activities that will encourage Londoners to better connect with nature. You can use your single grant application for a one-off event, or a series of similar activities. Types of activity could include the below, but we welcome your creative ideas!
- Cultural activities like poetry in parks, sing-a-long trails, an outdoor tea dance, pedal-powered film screenings, or a battle-of-the-bandstand music competition
- Health and fitness activities like park parkour, canal paddle boarding, outdoor meditation, guided bike rides, or ‘peace and quiet’ walks through some of London’s most tranquil spaces
- Environment and wildlife activities like London waterway tours, guided walks in unfamiliar outdoor spaces, ‘wake up with the birds’ sunrise spotting, guided nature trails, or mud-digging on the foreshore
- Making London greener activities like wildlife haven building workshops, plant-and-play children’s events, park or river clean-ups, allotment planting workshops, or community garden re-landscaping
- Community activities like a food forage picnic or a garden party, inviting Londoners into amazing hidden or private gardens
You can apply for a grant between £200-500 or £500-£2,000. We aim to fund around 50 activities. The total funding available is up to £50,000.
Funding could be used to:
- boost existing activities (using funds to reach a wider audience, or increase impact)
- reach out to audiences who underuse London’s outdoor spaces
- launch a local idea that could turn into a long-term project through crowdfunding or donations
Even if your grant application is not successful, you can still add it to our event listings, as long as you can fund and support it.
Groundwork is managing the community grants on our behalf. If you have any questions, please contact Christie Berwick by emailing [email protected].