The Mayor has created the Young Londoners Fund to help London’s children and young adults make the most of our amazing city.
Mayor’s Young Londoners Fund
The Mayor's £45 million Young Londoners Fund is helping children and young people to fulfil their potential, particularly those at risk of getting caught up in crime. It is supporting a range of education, sport, cultural and other activities for young Londoners.
The fund will see £30 million made available for projects in local communities. The remaining £15 million is being invested to expand existing projects funded by City Hall that support young Londoners.
So far 179 projects have been awarded funding, these include activities ranging from theatre groups and employability training to football clubs and art sessions.
Round two of the Young Londoners Fund will open on Wednesday 15 May and close at 12noon on Friday 12 July.
The Young Londoners Fund aims to:
- provide aspirational and positive activities to help support young people to make positive choices and reach their potential
- give new options to children and young people most at risk of taking the wrong path and stop them getting involved in violence and criminal activity
- improve coordination and capacity of London’s youth offer so more children and young people can access services
Use Our London map to see what positive activities are on offer to young people in your area.
If you're an organisation that runs events or activities for young people in London you can request to be added to Our London map.
Young people have been at the heart of the Young Londoners Fund from the very beginning.
The Mayor’s Peer Outreach Team and young people from youth organisations across London have helped at every stage of the Young Londoners Fund process, including:
- setting priorities for the Young Londoners Fund
- information sessions for applicants
- over 150 young people scored application questions
- project monitoring and visits
- project evaluation
Find out more about their involvement so far.
We are developing a new toolkit to share practical ways to engage children and young people in project design, development and delivery, so that they are listened to and empowered.
It will be available online for everyone to access in summer 2019.
Impact for Youth
As part of the Young Londoners Fund, the Mayor aims to support the coordination and capacity of London’s youth offer so more children and young people can access services.