Applications to the Young Londoners Fund are now closed.
Apply for the Young Londoners Fund
What is the Young Londoners Fund?
The Mayor has created the Young Londoners Fund to help London's children and young adults make the most of our amazing city.
The new £45 million Young Londoners Fund will help children and young people to fulfil their potential, particularly those at risk of getting caught up in crime. It will support a range of education, sport, cultural and other activities.
The Young Londoners Fund aims to:
- provide aspirational and positive activities to help support young people to make positive choices and reach their potential
- give new options to children and young people most at risk of taking the wrong path and stop them getting involved in violence and criminal activity
- improve coordination and capacity of London's youth offer so more children and young people can access services
Find out more information on the projects benefiting from the Young Londoners Fund.
Who can apply?
We are looking for organisations to run projects that support children and young people in London to make positive choices.
Organisations can apply providing they meet the criteria listed in the Young Londoners Fund prospectus.
What support can I get for applying?
There are over 35 Young Londoners Fund Round 2 information sessions taking place across London, hosted by Young Londoners Fund Local Networks. Sign up to an information session near you.
A series of project development workshops were held in February 2019 for organisations who might want to apply for the fund. The workshop resources are available to download and include worksheets, exemplar application answers and presentations from Young Londoners Fund holders.
You can also get in touch with a Young Londoners Fund Local Network to find out what support they can offer you.
Who are we already funding?
We have provided funding for 179 projects across London including:
- Young Londoners Fund grants
- Young Londoners Fund Local Networks
City Hall scale up projects:
- Sport Unites
- Stepping Stones
- Mental Health First Aid
- Major Trauma and A&E Youth Work
- Knife Crime Community Seeds
- Head Start Action
Find out more information about the projects and search by activity and area.
Information from Round 2
Round 2 of the Young Londoners Fund opened on 15 May 2019 and closed 12 July 2019.
The following were available for applicants:
- The Young Londoners Fund prospectus contains more information about eligibility criteria and what we are looking to fund.
- The small and medium grant application guidance for grants of £150,000 or less.
- The large grant application guidance for grants over £150,000.
- The data resource pack which gives examples of data sources and maps to help evidence the need for projects.
Over 35 Young Londoners Fund information sessions took place across London hosted by Young Londoners Fund local networks. Watch a webcast of the information session that took place in City Hall and download the information session slides.
Throughout the application process we updated our Frequently Asked Questions on the Young Londoners Fund.
More funding opportunities from the Young Londoners Fund
If you are providing support for young victims of violence you may be interested in other funding opportunities from the Young Londoners Fund and MOPAC.