Southmead Primary 2019/20
What problems were in your school and how did you identify them?
- Lack of parental engagement and aspirations for both themselves and their children
- Lack of motivation and resilience in our children
- Lack of personal experiences outside school
What actions did you take?
- 1:1 meetings with parents/carers where appropriate
- parent subject workshops
- curriculum sharing mornings where parents can come in and discuss their children's achievements with their children
- themed events - subject specific (eg reading breakfast) or whole school
- Heyday UK film production company - worked with our PP children on a termly basis
What were the outcomes?
Ensured that parents were aware and accountable for their children's learning and increased the sense of community