Belmore Primary Academy 2019/20
What problems were in your school and how did you identify them?
Significant deprivation and high FSM. We draw children from challenged and challenging families, but we believe these challenges should not define our children or put a ceiling on their achievement.
What actions did you take?
- High expectations of all and an unwavering commitment to quality first teaching.
- A relentless focus on promoting outstanding teaching, informed by ongoing assessments of individual need.
- Commitment to arithmetic as the basis of success in Maths.
- Forensic tracking at an individual level in all key stages (from EYFS to Phonics; to end-KS1 and end-KS2) that identifies gaps and informs planning and provision.
- Individual support and targeted interventions tailored to specific needs, to close gaps and maximise achievement for all.
- Celebrating achievements to recognise, reward and motivate all spectrums of the school community.
What were the outcomes?
- Maths progress in top 5% nationally (+5.4 2018).
- Significantly high Greater Depth achievement.
- Pupil Premium gaps all but eliminated.