Bannockburn Primary School 2019/20
What problems were in your school and how did you identify them?
- Vulnerable children and families, with a high number of Child Protection concerns.
- Increased 1 1/2 to 4 form entry; Casual Admission children with gaps in their prior learning.
What actions did you take?
- Attention to child specific planning with a high expectation for outcomes.
- Consistency across the school, clear systems for evidence and impact with a focus on gaps analysis and quality teaching/learning.
- An Inclusion Team that adapts to the current needs.
- Retaining staff and employing those with the ethos to believe that every child can succeed.
- A whole school team approach
What were the outcomes?
- High progress academically, socially and emotionally.
- Independent learners who contribute to their community and are proud of their achievements.