Aylward Primary School 2019/20
What problems were in your school and how did you identify them?
- We have a significant number of EAL students
- High pupil mobility
- Significant gaps in learning
- Challenge of recruiting teachers
- Attendance issues
What actions did you take?
- Providing teachers with training focusing upon creating a rich language environment.
- Having a robust pupil induction strategy that helps children to become rapidly integrated into the school.
- Using a range of Assessment for Learning strategies to identify the gaps and then implement teaching and learning strategies to address the gaps.
- Working with universities and school direct.
What were the outcomes?
- Progress by the end of KS2:
- Reading- 4.3
- Maths 5.9