Alexandra Primary School 2019/20
What problems were in your school and how did you identify them?
Attendance issues, engagement with the curriculum offer.
What actions did you take?
- Developed whole school attendance rewards and procedures further.
- Reading strategies developed from Y1 upwards to focus on engagement, inference and love of reading.
- Maths problem solving using a structure that offered fluency, reasoning and problem solving.
- Mixed ability teaching of maths and the development of subject vocabulary.
What were the outcomes?
- Reading increased from 69% to 88%.
- More greater depth in all areas