City Hall and Civil Society
Civil Society Projects
We are working with Civil Society on a number of projects, including:
- work to encourage growth in London's town centres and put communities at the heart of transformation. Funds which have supported this work include the Good Growth Fund, Crowdfund London and Development Support Fund
- 'Social Prescribing', where patients are supported to use and sign-posted to local, non-clinical services, is a commitment of the Mayor's Health Inequalities Strategy. Read more in the draft Social Prescribing Vision
- Thrive LDN is a citywide movement to improve mental health and wellbeing. Find more information about the campaign on the Thrive LDN website
- investing in Community Sport to help change lives, build stronger communities and improve the health and wellbeing of Londoners
- our volunteering programme, Team London. Schemes including training for small charities, small grants programmes and volunteer brokerage
- work to protect cultural venues and infrastructure. My London Borough of Culture Award is seeking innovative partnerships between boroughs and civil society organisations
City Hall's Team London offer a range of programmes to help build capacity within Civil Society, including volunteering, training and advice.
If you are interested in recruiting volunteers for your charity or project, Team London can help. We help over 2,500 charities find the right people.
The Team London website can help you find volunteers from a community of more than 150,000 volunteers.
Wanting to Skill-Up?
The Team London Skill-Up programme matches skilled business volunteers with staff from small charities.
Team London is passionate about ensuring trustees and charity staff are properly supported in this important role.