Beyond the Food Bank 2018 report
This report charts the progress made by London’s 33 boroughs in taking steps to reduce food poverty.
A league table ranks each borough’s achievements against 10 key indicators to illustrate which councils are leading the way and where there is room for improvement.
The 2018 report covers a range of recommendations for action, including:
- Developing a Food Poverty Action Plan
- Increasing the uptake of Healthy Start vouchers
- Promoting and increasing the prevalence of breastfeeding
- Improving the implementation and uptake of free school meals
- Ensuring children have access to nutritious food during the school holidays
- Providing high quality, affordable childcare and children’s centres
- Ensuring all residents have physical access to good food
- Improving meals on wheels provision
- Paying and promoting the London Living Wage
- Minimising Council Tax payments for residents on low incomes