The Mayor's Food Strategy
The London Food Strategy was published in 2006 after a year-long consultation process. The strategy sets out a vision up to 2016 and outlines its five main objectives to:
- improve Londoners’ health and reduce health inequalities via the food they eat
- reduce the negative environmental impacts of London’s food system
- support a vibrant food economy
- celebrate and promote London’s food culture
- develop London’s food security
The London Food Board puts the Mayor’s Food Strategy into practice, by coordinating work and leading debate.