Flagship school garden grants
The Mayor of London partnered with the Whole Kids Foundation to provide School Garden Grants to schools in the two Food Flagship boroughs of Lambeth and Croydon. These grants helped create new or enhance existing edible gardens in the school grounds.
After a very competitive application process for the first round of funding, 21 schools were chosen to receive School Garden Grants of between £600 and £3,000.
A second round of School Garden Grants launched at the end of 2016, with a further £30,000 available in grants of up to £2,000.
The grants have funded a fantastic range of projects including:
- introducing chickens into the edible garden at Sudbourne School
- setting up a children-led garden enterprise at Julian’s School
- creating an Edible Playground at St Giles School
- building Perspex planters at Tunstall Nursery School and Children's Centre
Select a school below to learn more about their successful school garden projects:
- Sudbourne School
- Julian’s Primary School
- Effra Early Years Centre
- Maytree Nursery School and Children’s Centre
- Stockwell Primary School and Children’s Centre
- Archbishop Sumner Primary School
- St Stephen’s C of E Primary School
- Oasis Academy Southbank
- Livity School