London Night Time Commission
About the Night Time Commission
The Mayor of London has appointed a Night Time Commission. Their aim is to help realise the Mayor’s vision for London as a 24-hour city.
They will carry out research to understand what life in London is like between 6pm and 6am.
They will consult with London residents, evening and night workers, councils, businesses, community groups, public sector organisations and visitors to the capital. They want to know how to make London better for everyone at night.
They will report back in late 2018 and recommend how London can become one of the world’s most forward-thinking night time cities.
The members of the London Night Time Commission are:
- Nihal Arthanayake, Radio Presenter
- Maria Balshaw CBE, Director of Tate Galleries
- Hannah Barry, Founder of Bold Tendencies
- Laura Citron, CEO of London & Partners
- Alan Clamp, CEO of the Security Industries Authority
- Paul Davies, Director of Nightworks
- Jamal Edwards MBE, CEO of SBTV
- Jan Hart, Director of Public Protection at the London Borough of Islington
- Councillor Angela Harvey, Chair of Licensing at the City of Westminster
- Les Isaac OBE, Founder of Street Pastors
- David Lutton, Director at London First
- Shakira Martin, President of the National Union of Students
- Alan Miller, Chair of the Night Time Industries Association
- Ros Morgan, CEO of the Heart of London Business Alliance
- Rommel Moseley, Director at the Drinkaware Trust (VICE CHAIR)
- Lucy Musgrave, Director of Publica
- Jo Negrini, CEO of the London Borough of Croydon
- Kate Nicholls, CEO of UK Hospitality (CHAIR)
- Samantha Renke, Actor
- Councillor Clare Coghill, Leader of the London Borough of Waltham Forest
- Indhu Rubasingham, Director of the Tricycle Theatre
- Riz Shaikh, Director of the Columbo Group
- Commander David Musker of the Metropolitan Police
- Hannah Wadey, CEO of the Safer London Business Partnership
- Carly Wilford, DJ
- Alex Williams, Director of City Planning at Transport for London