Open The Gate Festival
Open The Gate Festival is a unique one-day event featuring Live Music, The African Market, Family workshops and African street food. This year we are celebrating Open The Gate's 10th Anniversary!
Expect an unmissable fabulous 12-hour Festival packed-up with:
- live music on stage: from the most talented African and diaspora artists on our roster, both established and upcoming, that we have supported since 2009
- the African Market: with a selection of designers and makers who strive in ethical and sustainable practices, bringing you unique fashion, accessories, homeware, natural beauty products, books and art
- family and children workshops: learn drumming and dancing on traditional and new rhythms, arts and crafts to bring home, or get your face painted as a wild animal
- African street food: homemade traditional Nigerian cuisine with a modern twist
- lots of treats and surprises all day long!
Open The Gate 10th Anniversary Festival is a homage to the community of fans and followers, creative minds and volunteers who have supported our project and activities since 2009.
Planning your visit
- the event is indoors, and starts at 12pm and closes at 1am
- it is free entry all along and all workshops are free to take part in
- all welcome. (no age restriction)
- it's highly recommended to come early, as children activities run 12-4pm; and while food hasn't run out yet!
- the venue is wheelchair accessible and there will be a dedicated space to park your pushchair
Why you should attend
- it's a one-of-a-kind event in London, with a very inclusive and festive atmosphere
- it's the perfect place to meet new people and network as we create a platform for amateurs and professionals alike to connect around African and diaspora cultures, arts, music and designers-makers
- it's only once a year!