In the current climate it can be challenging to open and operate a new building. So before looking for a building you should consider:
- what rent you can afford to pay or a price that you can pay to purchase a building?
- do you need to achieve below market rent or purchase price? If so, what is it about your organisation that justifies this to a building owner or developer?
- do you need investors?
- have you got a business plan in place and a clear vision that you can convey to others?
- have you had experience of operating your business idea in a short-term hire or meanwhile space?
- is there any potential to share a building with an existing organisation?
- is your business make-up the right one for what you want to achieve?
- if you have them, consider how trustees can support you with this process