ARThouse on Twickenham High Street
What is ARThouse?
In 2015 the ARThouse project achieved its funding target to develop a temporary pop-up art exhibition in an empty shop on Twickenham High Street. The project aimed to improve the high street by reducing the number of empty shops, and to build a stronger local arts community.
For 6 weeks in June and July Richmond hosts two local festivals: the annual ARThouse open studios festival and the Twickenham festival. The project transformed this empty shop into an exhibition and workshop space featuring local artists' work. They ran a programme of workshops and demonstrations, providing creative opportunities for the local community.
What did this project achieve?
This ARThouse project:
- showcased the work of up to 100 artists
- was open to the public 5 days a week, for 6 weeks in June and July 2015
- organised a series of artist demonstrations and workshops for the local community
- provided a networking opportunity for artists and for neighbouring traders and businesses
- provided artists with the opportunity to promote their work
Find out how this funding was achieved and what the detailed plans for ARThouse on the High Street were.