Back in April 2017, Transport for London (TfL) received nearly 12,000 responses to their consultation on their vision to change a large part of Oxford Street into a traffic-free area. This built upon the views you gave us here on Talk London in the Clean Air consultation (July 2016), in our discussion on pedestrianisation and in our survey.
Tfl have listened to the concerns and issues of local resident groups, businesses and others and have now come up with detailed proposals for the transformation of the street and the entire surrounding district.
The proposals aim to:
- Make it much easier to walk throughout the area
- Create safe, accessible and inspiring public spaces full of life and spectacle to address some of the very serious and pressing issues of poor road safety and air quality in the Oxford Street area
- Support businesses to grow and respond to the district as it transforms and create new jobs
- Equally protect and enhance the quality of life for residents in the area
- Support the introduction of the Elizabeth line to the area
Read about the proposals and have your say until 3 January.